Wednesday 21 May 2014

Week 3 of the second term

This week has been a short one for me as I have been away.

I have come back though to Student-Led Conferences and have found it really positive and interesting to hear the students talk about their learning, their highlights and goals. Well done to those of you who had prepared your "scripts" and had work to share that you were proud of!
Subject discussions
In reading I have been… learning about the Highwayman. Our class each made a filmstrip, I will show you what I have done.
I chose this work to show you because… I really enjoyed retelling the story in my own way, by drawing pictures on a filmstrip.
My goal in reading is… to use reading strategies more often when I get stuck. e.g questioning, inferring, skimming, scanning and visualising.
In maths I have been… doing Statistical investigations with the class. I learnt lots of different ways to plot my information.
I chose this work because… I want to show you how many different types of ways I can record my information.
My goal in maths is… to learn all my times tables and answer them as quick as I can.
In writing I have been… learning to write character descriptions, how to use a burger planning format.
I chose this work because… I want to show you what I have wrote about Connor and how to use the burger format.
My goal in writing is… think about where to use punctuation correctly.

Other

So far at school, I have especially enjoyed… Music with Mrs McHattie because I have learnt how to play the drums and guitar. I have also learnt some theory and History of Music players.
It is easiest for me to be successful in… art because I love to draw and create pieces of art.
It takes more work for me to be successful in… Science because I haven't learnt Science for a while. When I went to Science in Technology it was lots of information to remember.
The way I like to work best is… in pairs or in a group because I find it easier when there is somebody to help you.
I would describe my using of the school values as… successful because i don’t break the school values and I don’t get into trouble

Yesterday Hannah brought in one of her noughts and crosses homework tasks - a breakfast cereal! She shared not only her packaging but also gave the class a sample to try!

Last week Mrs Bassett sent through some photos from Food technology.



No comments:

Post a Comment